GARDENER IN CHARGE (GIC) Duties
We have decided to keep some of the Gardener in Charge (GIC) shifts this year, even though every gardener is now a member with access and pump usage. The GIC shifts are Saturday and Sunday 8am to 10am and 10am to noon, Wednesday and Friday 5pm to 7pm, open on all holidays.
The top ten duties of the GIC will include the following:
1. Unlock and open the gate. Wear a yellow vest and greet people as they come into the garden and as they leave. Answer questions from anyone from the public that wanders in.
2. Water plants on the Put-n-Take table.
3. Clean out gazebo, anything that doesn’t belong goes in the dumpster. Sweep the floor, organize the chairs.
4. Empty the trash cans into the dumpster.
5. If there are two of you, one should water the on-vacation plots, see sheet in blue shed.
6. If there are two of you, one can make a quick round trip through the garden and visit with some gardeners.
7. For the most part stay near the entrance and manage pumps: turn on, off, reset timer, clean strainers . . .. as required.
8. Put out plastic bags on the railing for use by gardeners for harvesting.
9. Sweep the sidewalk from the ADA cut down to the dumpster.
10. Make the entry area of the garden clean and inviting.